The tools, software, and hardware I use to do my work.
- 13 inch Macbook Pro. I love the combination of power and portability.
- LG 32UD99-W: My main monitor which captures most of my attention.
- Dell P2415Q: It’s nice to have a smaller monitor next to it where I can put reference material. Or just preview things.
- Apple Magic Trackpad 2: After having used the Magic Mouse for years, I figured it was time to try something new.
- Magic Keyboard: I like to have the same keyboard set up externally as on my Macbook.
- CalDigit TS3 Plus Dock: This is what connects everything together and provides the Macbook with a single Thunderbolt cable to get it all hooked up.
- WD My Passport: Automatically takes care of the Time Machine backups.
- VS Code is my editor and I love it. It’s fast, customizable, and has everything for my needs.
- Night Owl is currently the theme I’m using for VS Code.
- Dank Mono is the font.
- iTerm2 is my favorite terminal when I need it outside VS Code.
- Sketch: For all things design and UI related work.
- InVision is great for prototyping and to showcase design.
- Pixelmator Pro is what I use for any type of image manipulation I need to do.
- ColorSnapper for quickly getting color codes for anything on the screen.
- PixelSnap is super useful for measuring any element on the screen.
- Drafts: All thoughts and ideas start here. I love the simplicity of it.
- The Archive: Most of what I’m writing is in plain Markdown files. This handy little application is exquisite at browsing, exploring and finding those Markdown files.
- Firefox is the browser I use and I’m loving it.
- Alfred to navigate my file system.
- Keyboard Maestro: For macros and setups.
- Things is where I keep track of what I need to do.
- Spark is my email client, both on mobile and desktop.
- Spotify for all music and getting in the mood.
- Reeder for RSS and read later services.
- Pinboard: My permanent bookmark storage. Integrates nicely with Alfred for instant search.
- Bartender keeps things nice and tidy in the menu bar.
- CleanShot X to annotate and share screenshots.
- Transmit for the rare cases when I need a classic FTP client.
- Rocket to quickly grab a proper emoji.
- 1Password to keep my passwords protected and accessible.
- Focus is great to block out distractions and get in the flow.
- I use a black Goruck GR1 21L as my everyday backpack. Have used Goruck’s products for almost 10 years. Best in the world.